The Urban Land Institute’s Open Space Award “Urban Open Space Award celebrates and promotes vibrant, successful urban open spaces by annually recognizing and rewarding an outstanding example of a public destination that has enriched and revitalized its surrounding community”
Guess who won last year?
More here on that.
Wouldn’t it be great to get a twofer? But whether in Vancouver or elsewhere in North America, the competition is open:
Eligible projects must:
- Be located in an urbanized area in North America;
- Have been open to the public at least one year and no more than 15 years;
- Be predominantly outdoors and inviting to the public;
- Be a lively gathering space, providing abundant and varied seating, sun and shade, and trees and plantings, with attractions and features that offer many different ways for visitors to enjoy the space;
- Be used intensively on a daily basis, and act…
View original post 49 more words